Treasure Coast AC Maintenance, Repair and Replacement
Many home and business owners take their air conditioning systems for granted. We don’t often think about how they work, or if they are in good condition until something goes wrong. In order to fully understand the work that your air conditioner does to keep your home cool, it is helpful to learn how all of the systems work. Miranda Air Conditioning Services is the Treasure Coast’s leading air conditioner service company.
What Is An Air Handler?
The air handler is often the workhorse of your air conditioning system. They are typically located in the home whether in the basement, attic or garage. The air handler helps pull the hot air from inside the home, and passes the warm air over the evaporator coils. Once the air is cooled the handler pushes the air back into your home. The process is repeated until the temperature in your home is at the temperature set on the thermostat.
What Is An Evaporator Coil?
The evaporator coils in your air conditioning system are the most important component. Without the evaporator coils, the air in your home would not be able to be cooled. Your air conditioner uses a gas that is compressed in the outside unit and then condensed into a cooled low pressure liquid. The liquid is then forced into the coils through a small hole. As the liquid flows into the coils, it pulls heat in from the air that has been removed from your home as it passes over the coils. The surrounding air is then cooled and pumped back into your home.
How Should the Air Handler and Evaporator Coils Be Maintained?
Your air handler and evaporator coils should be maintained at least once a year during your annual AC Tune Up. This tune up should be completed by a professional such as Miranda Air Conditioning Services. During the tune up we will:
- Check Evaporator coil fins and condition
- Check Evaporator cooling coil for restrictions
- Clean evaporator coil surface if accessible
- Condensate drain pan cleaning
- Condensate drain line treatment and vacuum
- Condensate drain pan add algae tablets
- Check condensate overflow safety switches
- Disinfect interior cabinet insulation and coil
- Inspect Expansion valve/metering device and blub
- Inspect Electric heater, voltage and amperage
- Electric heater air temperature rise
- Inspect Blower motor circuit boards
- Inspect Blower motor fan relay
- Inspect Blower motor run capacitor
- Inspect Blower motor amperage draw
- Verify all breaker/fuse/wiring sizes to NEC codes
Call Miranda Air Conditioning Services today for your air handler and evaporator coil needs.